How To Be An Outstanding Facilitator!
I. THE CHALLENGE OF COMMUNICATION
- The role of a communicator in today's business climate
- Keeping up with the competition, and rising listener expectations
- Making the right-brain connection
II. DEFINING OUR TERMS
- What is presenting?
- What is facilitation?
- Our credos
III. THE TROUBLE SPOTS IN PRESENTING
- Questions and Answers
- Visual Aids: making the most of flipcharts and PowerPoint - content and graphics
- Too much information
- Not enough examples and illustrations for your information and main message
- Monotonous voice, lack of vocal emphasis/energy, and poor pacing
- Not meeting or recognizing the real needs of the audience/speaking from your perspective, not theirs
IV. VIDEOTAPING, FEEDBACK, AND COACHING
V. THREE KEY FACILITATION SKILLS
- Why questions are powerful?
- Tips and strategies for developing the best questions
- Handling difficult questions and questioners
- Reducing defensiveness
- Who needs to be there?
- Possible obstacles/roadblocks and how to prevent them?
- Creating a positive atmosphere from the beginning
VII. GROUP DYNAMICS AND GROUP PROCESSES
- Understanding group behavior and group learning
- Setting ground rules and keeping them
- Helping the group solve problems
- Helping the group gain consensus
- Many and varied facilitation situations
- Best formats for each
- Best seating arrangements for each
VIII. STAGE MANAGING: ALL THOSE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER
- Room setup
- Seating options-advantages of each
- The importance of lighting
- And more
IX. SIMULATED GROUP FACILITATION PRACTICE
- Dealing with difficult people
- Fielding questions
- Starting a session
- Back after the break
- Ending on a high
X. OUR GRANDE FINALE